Welcome to The Hub
Your home for the latest news & views from the Communicate Better team.
Gain inspiration, tips & tricks from the experts, and updates on upcoming events & releases.
Microsoft Word Now Uses LinkedIn to Help Get You Hired
Dec 12, 2017
Creating the perfect CV has always been a burden for many - a task most jobseekers dread, but it seems Microsoft are on a mission to change that.
Microsoft Word - a key tool in the Office 365 package - has upped its game, and will now help you create the perfect CV in the hope of landing your dream job.
Microsoft's new feature 'Resume Assistant' works alongside LinkedIn and uses artificial intelligence to offer wording suggestions for your role, industry and skills, and also goes as far as to recommend relevant job opportunities.
The new tool is pretty neat and comes following research carried out by Microsoft and LinkedIn that reveals "wordsmithing" to be the biggest issue people have when creating a CV.
In fact, 60% of professionals claimed to be unsure of whether they were portraying themselves in the most effective way in their CV.
Bryan Goode, general manager for Office 365, said Microsoft was “committed to empowering every worker to be more successful and productive in their current job, and now we’re taking a step to creating modern job-seeking tools to make sure your current job is your dream job”.
Resume Assistant will let you:
- See how top people in your sector are representing their work experiences so you can gain inspiration for your own descriptions.
- Find the most popular skills listed on LinkedIn profiles, which you can then add to your CV if applicable to help you stand out to recruiters.
- Take a course on LinkedIn Learning to strengthen your chances of getting hired.
- See articles for additional CV writing tips recommended by LinkedIn.
- Easily connect to ProFinder, LinkedIn’s freelance platform, to get additional hands-on coaching
- See relevant job postings from LinkedIn’s 11 million roles to help you customize your CV to a specific job and make it easier to apply.
- Use the Open Candidates feature to let recruiters know you’re looking for a new job and increase the likelihood of finding new opportunities.
TomTom Telematics launches Asset Tracking feature
Sep 20, 2019
Easily monitor your assets and vehicles on one interface with the new TomTom LINK 340.Read more
How Much Does the iPhone 11 Cost? Plus, All Your Other Questions Answered
Sep 10, 2019
All you need to know about the brand new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.Read more
The iPhone 11 is Coming: Here's Everything We Know So Far
Sep 3, 2019
Apple are finally bringing something new to the table as part of the iPhone 2019 release.Read more
Better solutions mean a Better business
Keen to explore what we can do for your business? Get in touch. Already an existing customer, and require extra support? Contact our dedicated care team today.